WHAT WE DO
Children who attend Early Head Start and Head Start are given opportunities to learn and to grow, socially, emotionally, and physically. They also receive free healthy meals and snacks, health, dental and developmental screenings and enjoy playing and learning in a safe, educational setting with qualified, caring teachers. Accommodations are also offered to meet the special needs of children who experience disabilities.
EARLY HEAD START AND HEAD START HELPS ALL CHILDREN SUCCEED!
- Head Start is a federal and state funded program for preschool children age 3-5.
- Early Head Start services are available for pregnant women and infants and toddlers age birth to 3.
- We value families as partners! The staff at Early Head Start and Head Start programs work side-by-side with families to provide opportunities for them to engage in their child’s learning. We offer a sense of belonging, support services, and a chance to be involved in activities that help the whole family.
Southern Oregon Head Start prepares children and their families for success in
school and throughout life.
Children will enter school healthy, ready to learn, and with age-appropriate skills by participating in Southern Oregon Head Start and Early Head Start (SOHS). SOHS will support family well-being and nurturing relationships between children and parents, and encourage lifelong learning for both children and parents.
SOHS will be recognized as the leader in our community in providing high-quality services for children, from birth to five years. Our employees will be highly competent, well-qualified, competitively compensated, and dedicated to the work they do. SOHS will be well-managed to maintain high-quality services.
- Transparent Respectful Communication
- Safe & Responsive Culture
- Integrity & Accountability
- Compassionate Inclusivity